GLNG Upstream Project-MTO 1 & 2

On Novembver 11,2011, Metals International Limited was awarded a order to supply the steel pipe package with the size from 21.3mm(1/2") to 1067mm(42") and thickness from 2.77mm to 69mm(sch 10-XXS) for GLNG Upstream Project, and also this is the 3rd order awarded to Metals International Limited for the supply of the pipes to Australia after successful performance of QCLNG Pipeline Project and Lilydale LNG Project.

The GLNG project has three project components (sub-projects): Upstream- CSG Field Development, Midstream -Pipeline and Downstream- LNG Facility.

Project Details:

The GLNG project is a significant step in Australia’s efforts to develop cleaner energy for the future. Australia’s vast gas reserves can play an important role to help Australia and, through LNG exports, the world move to a substantially less carbon-intensive future.

The GLNG Upstream project comprises of the coal seam gas field development located in the Surat and Bowen Basins areas. It involves the construction of facilities associated with the recovery of coal seam gas including exploration and production wells, integrated pipelines, nodal compressor stations, and gas compression and water treatment facilities.

GLNG will initially produce 3 to 4 million tonnes of LNG each year, with the first shipment expected in 2014. At its peak, GLNG will produce up to 10 million tonnes of LNG each year.

Santos has a 60% share in the project, with the remaining 40% held by Malaysian oil and gas company PETRONAS.

Location: GLNG involves the exploration and production of coal seam gas in the Surat and Bowen Basins, construction of a 435 km-long gas pipeline to link the gas fields to Curtis Island, near Gladstone in Central Queensland, where a gas liquefaction and export facility will be built.